From:
Kimberly Pincus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Dec 1997 15:32:16 -0500
I'm going No mail for a while. I have been diagnosed with breast cancer.
You figure it, 5 plus years of nursing under my belt, I hoped I would
have some extra protection. I think I'd of handled the diagnose better
if it had been another kind of Cancer. I found it myself so all I can
say is keep doing your self breast exams. I feel like I have a new thing
to preach about. I'm feeling very overwhelmed right now. The holidays
and my severe lack of energy sure doesn't help. I'm taking 6 months off
from work but, it's hard to stop thinking about it. Two months have
already gone by, although it seems like yesterday I had the first
surgery. I know I can make it but, some days it gets hard. Anyway I'll
miss reading the lactnet stuff but, its too much to do right now. My
computer wasn't working for a while at least thats fixed now. I hope I
can still recieve personal email so if anyone wants to write do so.
When I sign back on I hope I can tell you I'm feeling better. THe cancer
isn't in the lymph system so prognoses for cure is good but, the chemo
and radiation are no picnic. At least I found it early.
Let me be the first to say MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.
See you in a few months. Enjoy the conference in Florida I think I'll
pass this year. But I'll be back next year.
Kim Pincus R.N., I.B.C.L.C, A.C.C.E from
New York Today it's in the 20's but, no new snow.