From:
Emily Lindsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2006 13:47:58 -0500
Interesting that this is posted right after so many of us watched Dr. Newman
speak on Thursday AM. They talked in detail about this, in part with diabetic
moms and that they have them from 35-36 weeks self expressing up to 1cc a
day to have when baby is born. Last month we had a mom who had done this
(non-diabetic even) based on advice she had gotten with her first when she
did not live in the US (not sure where she was) and she had almost 4 oz and
used 1 oz the whole time she was there, and took the rest home to freeze.
Dr. Newman was asked if there was a problem with pre-term and he said he
had never had one with the minor amounts collected...any other takes? I
would never use a pump however.
Emily Lindsey, BSPsy, CLE
Private Practice
Merced, CA