Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 20:41:54 -0700
Another thought.  I just spoke with a mom who has a new baby and a 10
year old.  She said when her 10 year old was born, she (the mother) was
hospitalized for 30 days and then on major drugs for another 15 or so.
She pumped and dumped until she could nurse (I didn't ask her what her
condition was, I may tomorrow night when I see her, we were dealing with
her current issues with her new baby).  However, until she could nurse
and while she was in the hospital, her sister in law nursed her newborn.
 She said the baby had no problems going to mom when she was able to
nurse.  While I'd love to hear her full story, I just found it
interesting that this mom had a wetnurse (her words) for the first month
or so.

Joylyn