From:
Kathy & Paul Koch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Aug 2008 12:41:38 -0400
A friendly reminder before this discussion gets too far afield, that topics
of a political nature are not appropriate for Lactnet, both because of our
international membership and because these discussions often engender anger,
hurt feelings, or both.

Also, please refrain from discussing the personal choices of public figures
(a la the discussion about Michael Phelps a couple of weeks ago).  As my
husband and I remind each other frequently as we debate our options for
voting this fall, we do not have the whole story (nor will we ever) about
why any of the candidates make the choices that they do.

Kathy, wearing her listmother hat and hoping that if the mother of a child
with Down Syndrome is elected to such a high office, that it will bring the
issue of education for children with special needs to the forefront.