From:
Valerie McClain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 05:56:25 -0500
I, myself, often question other people's decisions privately and publicly.  But I guess for whatever reason I feel the need to defend the person who isn't here, the mother.  It's easy to look back at an event and say she should have done this or done that.  But she didn't do it.  She didn't get a lawyer early on because a) she didn't have the money b) she didn't expect to have problems c)all of the above d)none of the above.  She didn't have someone to watch her children because a) she didn't have the money b) she didn't expect to have problems c)all of the above d) none of the above.  It may not be what our choices would have been because of either our knowledge or circumstances.  But because of her knowledge and her circumstances she took this particular path to walk.  ValerieW. McClain, IBCLC