From:
Terriann Shell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 15:22:01 -0800
Yesterday, the Stanley Cup (a coveted ice hockey trophy, for those of you who don't know) was on view in Anchorage yesterday and it was another "Scotty Gomez day".  Scotty Gomez is a Alaskan who not only plays on the hockey team that won the Stanley Cup this year, but was also named "Rookie of the Year".

Anyway, a few weeks ago in the Anchorage Daily News (June 20), there was a wonderful article about the benefits of breastfeeding along with an article about Scotty Gomez's sister, Monica who is a WIC Peer counselor!  She is 22, a single mother and she tandem nurses her two children.  The article also had Monica admitting that she was breastfed until she was 5 years old!  Chances are good that our hero, Scotty was also breastfed for an extended period of time! Add that to your list of public figures that breastfed/ were breastfed!

If only we could get Scott married off, I'm sure his kids would be breastfed!  He would make a great PR figure!

Terriann Shell
Big Lake AK
PS Thanks to Cathy Tapey who had to point out this article to me- imagine that!