Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 09:14:54 +0000
Barbara Whitehead writes:

'We discussed infant development, ages and
>stages, needs etc but I didn't know how to say anything about the Christian
>style except to say that some mothers have found that it the baby does better
>with its growth and development by Mom watching the baby's cues and needs
>instead of by following a schedule.'

Barbara, but we know  it's better than this! We know that while it is true
'some mothers have found....' , we also have solid, decent, research-based
evidence going back to Woolridge, Baum et al's work in the 80s, plus all we
know about the physiology of bf, and we can be certain that following a
schedule risks breastfeeding failure, and failure to thrive.

We can share this solid knowledge with parents, without commenting on
things like their choice of parenting style.

Heather Welford Neil
NCT bfc Newcastle upon Tyne UK