From:
"Margo T." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2008 07:12:47 -0800
<<Other articles regarding vasospasms suggest that the winter weather
often contributes to the symptoms and that  the same dyad might not have
any difficulties if it were July and not January.>>

I suffer from Raynauds (and trust me, if you've never experienced it
first hand, suffer is the right word).  I would microwave breastpads and
wear them for relief.  I actually did have Raynauds in June & July once
- in 2006 when I was pregnant with my third child born July 26.  I was
very surprised to have it kick in but did read somewhere that it can
occur in pregnancy no matter what time of year.  Interestingly, I didn't
have it that winter (I thought perhaps b/c I'd already it had it that
year).

<<as well as low calcium/magnesium can contribute to Raynauds>>

I also didn't suffer from it this winter (2007).  Usually I'd be in the
throes of it now (Nov - Feb is when I usually have it - I've suffered
from is since 2000).  However, I started taking a supplement called
Natural Calm (just naming the brand, I have no connection to it other
than being a user) which is a magnesium supplement.  I wonder if that's
what's kept my Raynaud's at bay this winter!  I'd have started taking
this seven years ago.  I guess I'll have to wait until winter 2008 to
find out if it's the supplement, I've been "cured" or it's just a fluke
that it didn't hit this winter.
--

Margo T.

Breastfeeding Information & Support