From:
Kathy Dettwyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Dec 1997 20:10:53 -0600
The Ezzo letter was signed by many pediatricians, psychologists, and even an
anthropologist or two.  It was sent to the AAP.  Last I heard, the AAP was
studying it, as well as other similar programs, and was considering putting
out something about "how to" breastfeed aimed not at the Ezzo program
specifically, but at any sort of scheduled feeding/ignore the baby's cues
kind of approach.  They did address some of these issues in their new
guidelines.

Dr. Ferber is known around here as the "Sleep-Nazi."  I agree that it is
child abuse.

Kathy D.