From:
Esther G <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 14:19:20 +0200
http://bmj.com/cgi/content/abstract/322/7287/643anyone want to join me in
some detective work?  e-mail me privately.......
Duration of breast feeding and arterial distensibility in early adult life:
population based study
Editorial by Booth
C P M Leeson, research fellow, a M Kattenhorn, vascular technician, b J E
Deanfield, professor, b A Lucas, professor.
Results: The longer the period of breast feeding the less distensible the
artery wall in early adult life,... However, in those breast fed for less
than four months, arterial distensibility was not significantly reduced
compared with an exclusively formula fed group.

Conclusions: Breast feeding in infancy is related to reduced arterial
function 20 years later. These data should not alter current recommendations
in favour of breast feeding, which has several benefits for infant health.
Further work is needed, however, to explore the optimal duration of breast
feeding in relation to cardiovascular outcomes.

thank god we have similac to save the human race........geeeeesh.....I give
up  :(

Esther Grunis,IBCLC
Lis Maternity Hospital
Tel Aviv, Israel