Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 19:27:24 +1100
>I read Tracy's post with interest as I, just last week, had a mom come in
for
>a 48 hr. follow-up visit with this same condition.
><< She has what she
> describes as an extra breast under her arm.

Marsha, it must have been "extra breast" week! I saw a woman with a lemon
sized "extra breast" under one arm only. When I looked carefully I think I
could see an extra nipple (but flat) between the extra breast tissue and her
normal nipple - the nipple didn't connect with any ducts. Explanation and
reassurance is all that is necessary usually.

Lisa Amir
GP / IBCLC in Melbourne, Australia
Some good news - Prof Peter Hartmann spoke at the RACGP national conference
(ie conference for family doctors) last week (it's amazing what can happen
when you get yourself onto conference committees!)