From:
Segev Levy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 May 1995 00:37:06 +0300
Patricia: Good suggestion about non-homogenized milk, but no,
these moms are urban ladies who have always gotten their milk in
bags or in cartons from the store. When a mom goes on about her
thin-looking milk, I usually counter with something like: "Have
you ever tasted your milk? I tasted mine, and it sure didn't
taste like cow's milk. I love milk, always have, but I NOW would
have to be forced to drink a cup of breastmilk. I figure that if
our milk tastes so different, it's liable to look different,
too".
I live in Beer Sheva, Israel, and most of my moms are native-born
Israelis from Middle-Eastern backgrounds. Lately, I do have a
number of recent immigrants from the former Soviet Union, a
completely different kettle of fish, and there are always former
Americans or English, always less of a challenge for me
personally. I also find "easier" the native-born Israelis from
a European background. A real melting pot. Judy Knopf