From:
Jane Kershaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 12:28:53 -0500
Latest issue of Childbirth Educator has an article dealing with the Myths and
Realities of Epidural Analgesia/Anesthesia.  This article equates effects of
epidurals and intrathecal, including low-dose, various narcotic/anesthetic
agent combinations.  Not much difference in effects on length of labor, etc.
 I would bet that if this is true, that there would be similar effects on
breastfeeding, I.E. sleepy, uninterested babies, etc.  Anybody out there have
this experience/?  In my area, we are using epidurals still.

Jane Kershaw

p.s. congratulations to all my friends who took the exam in Chicago 87.  What
an exciting time that was, I will never forget it.  I went to my first ILCA
conference too.  I was 2 weeks postpartum then with postpartum brain damage
and passed.  Just got my notice, I passed again. Whew!!