From:
michelle i scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 22:01:37 -0400
Right off the top of my head, what happens in a tube feed and what happens in a human gut are unrelated.  Remember that the walls of the ducts are living cells, with many different absorptive capacities.  Nothing like plastic!   Why it is sort of like comparing ABM and breastmilk.
        The question is a good one, and definitely needs researching.  When things slow down for me, I will try to look into it.   Michelle Scott, RD,MA, IBCLC in So. NH