From:
Pearl Shifer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 23:16:30 EST
Thanks, Helen, for your informative post on iron rich foods.
FWIW-my pediatrician here in Brooklyn NEVER stuck my kids to check iron
levels, he used to say, let's stick the mother instead (of course he was
kidding) but he did not feel that  breastfed babies needed iron or
vitamin supplements. I still have sensory (olfactory) memories of my
little brother and sister being supplemented with that horrible smelling
----vi-sol. As I recall, they didn't like it too much either. And don't
even get me started on how my mother was deprived of breastfeeding us  in
the good ol' USA in 1949, 1950, 1958 (Cleveland Ohio) and 1963(Brooklyn,
NY). The only one of us who was breastfed was my older brother born in
Munich, Germany in 1948.....
Pearl Shifer, IBCLC
NYC
who could sure use those 10 extra IQ points....

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]