From:
Gonneke van Veldhuizen-Staas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 12:07:41 +0100
This again (as pointed out by others in this discussion) is a strong
rationale for prenatal bf information and instruction. Early-postpartum moms
may not learn new facts easily, they do recall waht they learned before, as
is the case in prenatal childbirth classes. Than you may want to give
written feedback for when they return home.
About the reaearch marscha referred to:
I always wonder when I hear about such outcomes *why* this occurs. Why is it
that newbormn moms are forgetfull, confused and foggy. Is it something that
has to do with medicalised birthing or is it universal? Could it be so that
mothers are meant to be foggy etc. to the outside world in order to better
be able to concentrate on their newborn?
I'd like to hear other opinions to this topic.
Gonneke van Veldhuizen, IBCLC, Maaseik, Belgium