From:
Morgan Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2008 13:21:19 +0100
That was my feeling too - that he'd been trying to stop the baby's head
being slammed up.

Perhaps someone in the local area might offer some support, in order to
find out?  I'm most disturbed by the nurse refusing to stop her
activities.  He was the father, and she had no right to give treatment
without consent.  Which raises the other serious concern - the apparent
silence, both in the situation, and the report, of the mother.

Of course, it could be exactly as it is written to suggest - an abusive
or over-controlling husband over-riding the perfectly reasonable
treatment by a nurse, and opposing the mother's view upon it.

Sadly, however, the comment about the Mum being 'medicated' to the point
of needing this 'support', doesn't fill me with confidence that this is
the case.

Although it was interesting to find that another Reading, is in another
county named Berks!

Morgan Gallagher