Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 1998 13:04:38 -0500
Last night I was watching Chicago Hope (which I don't normally watch) on
CBS. Well, about half way through the show, they had a teen mom there,
handcuffed to her mother, I guess by judge's orders, and they found out she
was full term pregnant, and in active labor.  When they next got back to
her, she was pushing the baby out.  Well, she had a little boy, and then a
little girl!  Two healthy full-term twins, with no prenatal care!  When the
show next got back to them, the doctor tells the teen mom that he is going
to have the hospital's lactation consultant come down and talk to her and
the teen girl's mom says to her, "Don't worry none about that lactation
thing, I breastfed you and your brother till you were both in
kindergarten!"  You could have picked my chin up off the floor!  Even my
husband gave me a high five!  I was very happy with how they portrayed
that!  As if it were the norm to breastfeed that long!  YEAH!  Just had to
share with you all!

Lisa, WIC breastfeeding peer counselor and mom to
Tara, 8 yrs old, J.P., 6 yrs old, and Serena,7 months(6/14/97).
ICQ#4312077    e-mail to [log in to unmask]