From:
Lana Hergott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2006 11:21:49 -0400
Hello,

I have permission to post.  I am working with a mother who has miscarried
at 16 weeks.  She is nursing a toddler.  This mother very much wants to
let nature take it's course and would like to avoid a D&C.  Bleeding began
apx. 3 weeks ago and began to taper off after 2 weeks without passing any
clots or larger pieces.  Recently bleeding picked up again and she passed
what she believed to be the placenta one day and the baby another.
However she is still bleeding and we are past 3 weeks.  She is feeling
very tired and run down.  She has not had any gushing or 'severe' blood
loss, (her Dr. said he'd put off a D&C as long as she wasn't soaking more
than a pad every 1/2 hr.)  She is wanting to take something to help things
along so the bleeding will let up sooner.  She would like to take some
Black Cohosh, but is uncertain about the effects on her nursing toddler.
It seems that Hale doesn't review herbal remedies and I'm unsure where to
look for this info.  Can anyone share info. on the safety of Black Cohosh
in this type of situation, ideal dosages (if OK) and maybe some other
ideas to help this mother rebound?

Thank you,
Lana Hergott
LLLL Chilliwack