From:
Veronika Tudhope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 1996 16:52:08 EST
Hello lactnetters,

I am new to lactnet and am pleased to have found something I feel qualified to
comment on, at last.
Mary wrote recently about an elephant in a British zoo being fed well publicised
SMA. This is not the first time this has happened. I recall watching a report on
the children's news a few years ago which featured a young  elephant being fed
SMA - which must have been clearly visible in the report. I remember wondering
about the commercial effect of having a formula reputed to making babies grow
like elephants. Does SMA have a hotline to all zoos with pregnant elephants?
I do enjoy the lactnet 'conversation.'
from Veronika Tudhope, Kilmarnock, Scotland