From:
"Johnson, Martha (Lactation-SHMC)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 14:26:40 -0700
Marian,
If you don't have a copy already, run, don't walk to ILCA's website and
order one.  I think the title is Evidence for the Ten Steps.  This document
is INVALUABLE in getting hospital [practices changed.  It goes thru each  of
the 10 Steps, states the rationale for it, and cites about a million studies
to back it up.  This book is about $20 and will help you get a lot done
besides skin-to-skin and breastfeeding prior to a bath!
Martha Johnson RN IBCLC
Eugene Oregon