Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 18:54:30 EDT
Dear Friends:
        Jennifer's post about not being allowed to bring her nursling to work
brought back a slew of painful memories. Those feelings don't go away, they
are only buried.
        I too was told "It isn't fair to the other women." Never mind that I
was only on site for 2-4 hours per week, as opposed to 40. And if a mom
wanted to bring her nursling to work, what would the problem be as long as
she could meet her responsibilities? She might need a longer work day to get
all the chores done, but it has worked historically, and it could work again.
 I would bet that a lot of moms wouldn't mind staying for a longer work day
if they didn't have to pay for daycare, and could have their babies with them
all the time. Why aren't we asked, instead of having some @*%^#%% person
decide for us. Dang it!!
        It would keep babies in our minds so that people making policies
would be thinking about making a better world for babies. Another wonderful,
desparately needed goal.
        Nikki Lee, still steaming after all these years (that one-time
nursling is just turned 9)