From:
Laura Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 20:47:30 -0600
Well, for starters it would depend upon which "hat" I was wearing as to
how I would "word" my suggestions.

But I would suggest:
1. DEMAND a consult. It is never too late for a second opinion.
2. If #1 does not have satisfactory results,
REMOVE THE CHILD FROM THIS PERSON'S CARE. Even if that means finding
another care facility... if treatment is necessary.

This would also depend on how well I knew the mom. I am guessing that we
KNOW the abuse allegations are false.

I recently had a similar situation with a FTT baby. When mom demanded a
consult, care suddenly became more reasonable (helped that consult was
with Dr. Becky...new IBCLC).
When mom arrived home after baby was released, DHH was waiting at her
door. When they got the list of Health Care Professionals working with
this mom in an effort to maintain the BF relationship, and it was
obvious that she was acting in the child's interest, they "dropped"
their case.
BUT, my client was dealing with an INFANT.  I suspect things may have
gotten tricky if the child had been older.

So, What did you do????

Laura Wright