From:
Megan Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 10:15:45 -0500
Dear Lactnetters,

On the advice of Dr. Gordon I checked out Dr. Greene's website and saw
exactly what he was referring too. So I emailed him:

Dear Dr. Greene,

I must say I am impressed with your site- your information on
breastfeeding is wonderful, esepcially your Nursing and Antidepressants
page.

The reason for this email is to express my disappointment with the fact
that your site is sponsered in part by Mead Johnson, makers of Enfamil
Lipil. I have recently joined efforts in starting a media campaign to
educate parents about the new additives (DHD & ARA) to these "new and
improved" formulas whose track record has not yet been examined closely
enough for it to be considered safe, in the opinion of many health
professionals. You do say that you understand the point that improving
formulas *does* undermine breastfeeding efforts, yet you continue to allow
financial interests to associate with you, whose direct goal is to have
parents formula feed their children.

I am urging you to do the right thing and stop letting this formula
company use you as a pawn in their rampage to make money at the expense of
our world's children.

Thank you,

Megan Allen