From:
Ilene Fabisch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 1999 12:54:58 -0000
>This sort of this is all too common. And was so very rare, until this
>past 5-10 years. I would bet that there were issues in the pregnancy, a
>difficult birth, and attachment problems in the first 2 years.
Don't be so quick to blame the parents.  I have a difficult teenage son
who was bf till 3.3 yrs when he weaned himself.  We parent LLL style
always concerned for the childs self esteem and feelings. There were no
issues in pregnancy or attachment problems EVER until recently.
Sometimes a parent does all they can do but a child is born with a
certain personality or mental illness that interferes with normal
functioning at some level.  It is heartbreaking take it from someone who
knows.  Our son has never really been violent but not far from it, it is
a thin line we walk.  We don't know background or family history of
mental illness in this reported case so it is unfair to make assumptions
about the parenting.
Also has anyone noticed how it has almost become commonplace and an
accepted way (in a teenagers mind) of dealing with your dissagreements to
just get rid of the problem (ie:blow away your parents).  It truly
frightening to be raising teenagers these days.