From:
Heleen en Harmen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 18:30:37 +0200
On 18 Apr 2005 at 13:48, dec wrote:

> I had a call today from a Healthy Baby Club Resource Mother who has a
> client using a nipple cream that I have never heard of. It is called
> Gerber Breast Therapy Gentle Moisturizing Balm and is noted to be
> lanolin free. While I don't recommend the use of nipple creams to my
> mothers, the lady who contacted me wondered if there was anything in
> it that would do any harm.
>
> Has anyone heard of this cream or have any information on it?

Google tells me information can be found here:
http://www.gerber.com/newproditem?npid=18

and I find the information pretty breastfeeding-unfriendly at first
glance. 'relief for nursing moms', and 'to make breastfeeding your
baby a more comfortable experience'.

http://tinyurl.com/7o3ge gives the ingrediënts:
" Petrolatum , Caprylic , Capric Triglyceride , Canola Oil , Silica ,
Zea Mays Starch Corn , C18-36 Acid Glycol Ester , Butyrospermum
Parkii Butter Shea , Stearyl Alcohol , C18-36 Acid Triglycerides ,
Mangifera Indica Seed Butter Mango , Retinyl Palmitate , Tocopherol ,
Tritium Vulgare Germ Oil Wheat
Keep this product out of reach of children. For external use only.

Use only as directed. If condition persists, consult your healthcare
provider, midwife, or lactation consultant. "

I am not sure I am too happy with such a long list of ingrediënts,
starting with petrolatum, which must be an oil-derived product, from
the name..
Caprilic/capric triglyceride  is also oil based and aka Fractionated
Coconut Oil

Sorry, don't have more time, DD needs attention. But google will help
you determine the other ingrediënts, if you don't know them allready.

--
Heleen Hayes
www.xs4all.nl/~hhayes