Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2008 22:59:07 +0200
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (33 lines)
Hi All,
Thank you for your quick replies.  They were very helpful.  I needed them to make a point to that same dietician who wrote that "cows milk formula is totally appropriate for human infants."  We're on round 2.  Anyways, as I was searching for the info, before asking you all to find it for me, I came across some 'interesting' websites.  This is the reccomendation of the American Academy of Family Physicians found in familydoctor.org.

"

Return to top

Sterilizing and cleaning 
You may want to sterilize bottles and nipples before you use them for the first time. You can do this by putting them in boiling water for 5 minutes. After that first time, you probably don't need to sterilize them again. Instead, wash bottle, nipples and caps in hot, soapy water. Rinse them carefully. You can also run them through the dishwasher, which kills more germs than washing by hand. 
Return to top

Mixing formula 
The most important thing to know is that you must follow the directions on the formula container exactly. Always measure carefully and never add extra water to the formula.

If you are using concentrated liquid or powder, use cold (not warm) tap water to make formula. Run the cold water at least 2 minutes to clear stale water out of the pipes. If you use well water or there are problems with the water in your town, you may want to boil the water first or use bottled water. If you boil the water, let it cool off before mixing it with the formula. Always use a clean cup to measure the water."

Where did these reccomendations come from!?!  They apparently think that babies can handle anything - formula fed babies! 

Thanks again for all your help,
Chayn in Israel

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2