From:
"Phipps, Brenda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 11:26:32 -0700
<<my experience is that when I ask for the family history in 99% of these
cases , there
is a strong incidence of allergy. These children refuse solids, and nurse
reluctant.
Usually short nursing sessions. By refusing solids they keep themselves from
possibly
harming food.

In case of short nursing sessions and relucant nursing behaviour, a
elimination diet
of the mother may help.

regards,

Annelies Bon>>

Does anyone else see food allergies in their practise as a cause for food
refusal? Annelies, what do you eliminate first? Milk products?

Brenda Phipps, BS, IBCLC