From:
Janet Vandenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 15:05:21 -0500
A local video distributor contacted us to offer us a preview of two "new"
videos they are selling.  Of course the preview is actually an on approval
trial where we buy the video and if we don't like it we can send it back
within 10 days.  Doesn't sound like a preview to me but onwards...

Has anyone heard of either of these videos?

Breastfeeding Basics: From Birth to 1 Year by United Learning

Breastfeeding: The Best Beginning by United Learning
(I like this one more than the other from reading the teacher's guide)

I was able to find the production company's site with the scripts for the
video.  They seem to have some older messages:

put the breast into the baby's mouth
nose should be touching breast
should gain 8 ounces per week
regaining BW by 10-14 days
hot showers stressed more than cold for engorgement

They do talk about benefits of bf'ing to 1 year so I don't want to dismiss
the video if someone else thinks they might be worth a try. However, I
don't want to go through the hassle of ordering (on my end I need
purchasing approval, authorization number etc) if they aren't going to be
helpful.

script for Birth to 1 Year video:
http://www.agcmedia.com/teachers_guide/5205.pdf

script for The Best Beginning:
http://www.agcmedia.com/teachers_guide/5204.pdf

handouts:
http://www.agcmedia.com/blackline_master/5205.pdf
http://www.agcmedia.com/blackline_master/5204.pdf

They do talk about benefits of bf'ing to 1 year so I don't want to dismiss
the videos if someone else thinks they might be worth a try. However, I
don't want to go through the hassle of ordering through our purchasing
department if they aren't going to be helpful.

thanks,

Janet Vandenberg RN, BScN, IBCLC
Ontario, Canada