From:
jhroibal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 19:25:13 -0700
Over the holidays, my dear SIL announced that she is expecting her first
baby in mid-July. Everyone has been waiting for this announcement for
years.  Amid all the congratulations and questions, my ten year-old son
asked in rapid-fire succession,

"Do you know if it's a boy or a girl?
What names do you have picked out?
Are you gonna breastfeed?"

Does he know breastfeeding is important?  You bet! All eyes were on ME
when she said, "Yes, of course we're going to breastfeed, you're mom
would kill me if I didn't."

She then showed me a book that her "considerate" OB gave her--it has to
do with knowing "what to expect." We talked about the guilt issue and I
gave her my recently purchased Womanly Art of Breastfeeding. I'm sure
she will do just fine!

Thanks for letting me share this good news.  Please contact me by
private e-mail if you know of any IBCLCs in the Spokane area.  Thanks!

Happy Millennium!

Heidi S. Roibal
Albuquerque, NM