From:
pat Bull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 10:27:33 -0400
Good Morning Netters,

Congratulations to all of you who sat for the exam.  The worst part is over.
 Marie, hope you are still relaxing with your husband at the motel, kidless.
At the physicians Seminar,  James McKenna did his, as usual, excellant
lecture on "SIDS and Co-Sleeping".  The syllabus includes all his handouts
and lecture. You might be able to order one still from LLL.  He also handed
out all his slides on paper which I have.  Interesting thoughts.  Worth
ordering the audiotape if you did not hear him at ILCA last year.  Again,
contact LLL for more info--(847) 519-7730.  I will attempt to find out more
on the #'s to order audiotapes of the conference. (since I threw mine away).

Jeanette,  as a LC in private practice I can tell you most hospitals in US
are not sterilizing pump, bottle equipment.  I did a survey several years ago
on CSF issues.  That also includes the NICU.  The milk bank guidelines
support good handwashing, and washing all equipment in warm soapy water,
rinsing well.  There has been no increase in infant infection nor NEC with
the several hospitals I contacted for followup. PS- That also includes the
hospitals using the polyethlene, soft plastic bags. Gotta head for a meeting,
be back with more.  Michelle, I did read your post as well as others on the
advanced kits. I will try to respond when I get back.  I like reading my
posts backwards- the newest ones first.

Pat Bull, RN, IBCLC
The Breastfeeding Connection/Medela, Inc
Naperville, IL