From:
Tammy Gharbi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 00:34:18 EST
I recently worked with a similar scenario, AM was sister in law of biomom.  AM
had breastfed only two years before, but in the interim had cervical cancer
and thus uterus (but not ovaries) were removed.  Although she pumped
religiously 6-8x day, used SNS, started nursing immediately after birth and
even took Reglan (sp?), she was unsuccessful (got only droplets by 8 wks).  I
wondered if the drugs and surgery had an altering effect on her ability to get
the hormonal juices flowing, as it were.

But mainly, my question for Yvonne's adoptive mom is, if she doesn't have time
to pump 6-8x at 37 weeks gestation (and pumping takes less time than nursing a
newborn), how does she think she'll have time to feed the baby ???

Tammy Gharbi, [log in to unmask]