From:
Diane Wiessinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 16:50:16 -0400
Breastfeeding baby in the park:
Youıll have to go and do it after dark.
There are parts of you and me/that other people donıt want to see.
You canıt breastfeed your baby in the park.

There is a lovely park in Brighton town
With a cafe where you can go and sit down.
I went to take a rest and drink some orange juice, fresh-pressed,
When my babyıs face screwed up into a frown.

Well I wasnıt exactly looking like Page Three (who needs it?)
As I unhitched my denim dungarees.
The baby soon went quiet/but the staff began to riot
At the sight of this working part of me.

Well the manageressıs face became quite red
As angrily she came to me and said,
³Youıre a public disgrace./Will you please leave this place
And donıt come back until your babyıs fed.²

Why is it in the papers every day
That soft porn on Page Three is still okay,
But if you donıt stick Œem out/with a wriggle and a shout
Youıre told in no uncertain terms put them away.

Well when I thought this it made my anger rise.
I said to myself, "Go out and organize.
What this cafe is needinı/Is a mother-and-baby feed-in.
Weıll get rid of some values I despise."

Well the press and local councilors were there
And a nursing mother sat in every chair.
Well it really makes me smile/ıCause I took revenge in style.
It was a satisfying moment fine and rare.

Now thereıs a bylaw says in places selling teas
You can breastfeed your baby when you please,
Bright and cordially invites/You to feed the little mites,
And we wonıt treat you as if you were diseased.

Breastfeeding baby in the park:
You donıt have to go and do it after dark.
Be it breakfast, tea, or lunch/Or any time you need to munch,
Youıve a right to breastfeed baby in the park.

I have *some* information on obtaining it; e-mail me privately.

Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC, LLLL  Ithaca, NY