From:
Kathy Dettwyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Dec 1997 15:39:54 -0600
In my ever so humble opinion, Veronica's post in the last digest was
excellent and should be printed out for all to read!!  This is my opinion only.

Kathy D.  ;)

P.S.  I think the reason some people are so fond of Ferber is because it
worked with their baby the first night, after only 10 minutes.  I saw that
happen myself once.  The parents were amazed.  Some people's babies also
fall easily and happily into a 4 hour nursing routine, and think that all
people's babies should just as easily.  One of my colleagues continues to
struggle with family bed issues (they met me while the wife was pregnant,
baby is still nursing at 2 years +) -- but they struggle with family bed
because their child thrashes and kicks and flops around all night and keeps
both parents awake.  My two family-bed kids both slept/sleep like logs and
don't kick me in the head, so I have only good things to say about family
bed, while they struggle and I have no solutions to offer.  I always resort
to my "one-size-fits-all" explanation of every unhappiness in a child under
two years, which is "teething."  ;)