From:
Laura Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 22:16:41 EST
We have a level II nicu...we currently use volufeeds &  enfamil nipples.
Remove the flexible plastic cover from nipple, place it sterile side down over
the top of volufeed then screw the nipple collar over that for a leak proof
seal. We have considered going to disposable bottle liners or breast milk
collection bags that the mom's purchase themselves. Some of our nurses have
worked in level III units where the collection bags are used successfully.
Laura Hart, RN,BSN,CCE,IBCLC
Central Florida