Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 20:47:57 -0400
Jennifer, it is my experience that when interventions are given early on,
it is because the caregiver may have run out of "tools" in her or his bag,
and that they need to sign off on that particular client. They don't want
to send her home knowing she may not be followed closely, but the
interventions in and of themselves can , at times, be overkill, and cause
more doubt about breastfeeding and more failure... It is a mystery and a
frustration. Kathleen

At 03:46 PM 4/15/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Seriously, for those of you who spend more time doing lactation work than I
>do and have more knowledge than I, can you help me understand this?  Am I
>missing something here?  Come to think of it, all three of these births were
>less than ideal as well - all with epidural, all 18+ hours, two of the three
>were vacuum extractions.
>
>Thanks for any insight you can give, and for easing my frustrations by
>giving me a place to share!
>
>Jennifer B. Davis, ICCE-CD, CD(DONA)

Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC co-owner Lactnet, Indep. Consultant
http://together.net/~kbruce/kbbspin.html
LACTNET Archives http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/lactnet.html