From:
Lori Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 08:43:27 -0500
I have been given permission from a mom I saw to post a problem that I am
not sure what to do.

Mom called c/o sore breasts between feeds.  She describes it as an aching
feeling and it intensifies when she moves her arms against her breasts.
She is a 3rd time mom, this baby is 4 weeks old and this is the longest she
has exclusivly breastfed. She did not have this problem with her other
infants.

Exam and palpation is completely unremarkable. Baby is gaining weight.

She says it is bothering her enough that she is considering quitting
nursing...I am totaly at a loss as what to tell her.  I did tell her to
make sure the breasts are empty and try warm compresses and/or tub soaks.

Any ideas?

Lori Peters RN/IBCLC