From:
Ann Conlon-Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 13:14:36 EDT
It was with sadness and disappointment that I received the FDA notice the
other day on the Boston Billows.  I have found this to be a very helpful
adjunct to new mothers' positioning and comfort in beginning and continuing
breastfeeding.  Anyone who has purchased this pillow, has loved it and of  course,
there have been no dangers or problems with it since it is used by an  adult
while nursing an infant.  Unlike most other nursing pillows,  this one
accomodated all types and sizes of postpartum bellies  and made c-section nursing
comfortable.   However, be that as it  may, this item will no longer be marketed as
a nursing pillow and I would like  to suggest a replacement to those who ask.
I feel that My Brest Friend is  so unyielding and stiff and how can a larger
mom use it?  Any other  favorites out there above and beyond the generic bed
pillow?  Thanks, Ann  Conlon-Smith, IBCLC, LLLL

Breastfeeding Saves Lives If more infants worldwide are  exclusively fed
mother's milk-no food or formula until the age of six months-at  least 1.3 million
lives could be saved this year, the United Nations Children's  Fund (UNICEF)
said recently.

If you don't stand for something you'll fall  for anything...