From:
Iona Macnab <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 10:04:19 +0900
Hello everyone
This is my first post to LACTNET, so I believe I should introduce myself. My
name is Iona Macnab, I am an Australian La Leche League Leader living
permanently in Tokyo, Japan. I am studying to take the IBCLC exam in July,
and I have been enjoying LACTNET for several years now. An incredible
resource for everyone in lactation, but particularly for those of us in
countries where we are faced with language and cultural challenges each day.
Here we can comfortably soak up information in our own language, and expand
our horizons from our own homes.

I would like to ask if anyone has information about an IBCLC in Allentown
Pennsylvania. The mother I have been working with here in Tokyo gave birth a
month ago after developing peripartum cardiomyopathy, and was on life
support for three days. Breastfeeding has been severely hampered by her own
condition and treatment, but I feel with some expert guidance she may be
able to have a satisfying nursing experience. She will be returning to PA in
a couple of weeks and will then visit Cleveland Ohio for cardiac tests
before returning to PA.
 Please email either to the list or privately
Thankyou in anticipation
Iona Macnab
LLL Tokyo Central