From:
"T. Easterday" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 08:39:33 -0600
Linda-

You just described my now 5 1/2 year-old son!  He nursed almost
constantly for months, could not be put down at all until he was at
least 8 months old, and would not sleep unless he was in physical
contact with my body.  My husband and I discovered that he could
apparently sense a difference between my touch and my husband's even in
the dark -- if he cried in his car seat, he would often calm down if I
reached back and put my hand on his knee.  When my arm fell asleep and
my husband took over, Colin would start screaming again, even if it was
completely dark.  And yes, he continued to need to nurse until he was 2
1/2 and I was pregnant with his brother and I had to wean him (miserable
high-risk pregnancy).  He chewed the finish off the woodwork in the
house and still tends to chew his clothing!  He also shows signs of
being quite intelligent (was able to explain a "time-paradox" from an
episode of Star Trek Voyager, for example.)  I think that it really
helps moms dealing with this type of baby to read Dr. Sear's book "The
Fussy Baby" and to hear that these kids are often extremely intelligent.
Sorry so long, this really struck a chord for me!

Anne Easterday, CLC, CCE, LLLL
Omaha, NE