From:
Beth McHugh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 16:16:33 -0600
I have a mom in my classes (31 weeks) who shared with me that she has
'Mammary duct ectasia' (dilitation).  She had difficulty nursing her 3rd
child 8 years ago (Poor weight gain, reported low milk supply) and was
later diagnosed with ectasia after noticing green discharge from her
nipples with self breast exam.  Sonograms, etc were done and she states she
does not have cancer, or other problems.  She is now pregnant with her 4th
baby and is concerned that the ectasia was possibly the cause of her low
milk supply and is wondering if there are any concerns with nursing this
baby?  I have not worked with a mom with this problem before and would also
appreciate any references or articles that anyone knows about for me!  Thanks!

Please post to me privately as I am currently no-mail.

TIA,    Beth McHugh, BSN, LCCE, IBCLC
        Idaho Falls, ID