From:
Lynnette Stiles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 1997 16:49:49 -0600
I deleted the email adress for Marilyn from Australia who had requested
input on the use of Riordon and Auerbach book Breastfeeding and Human
Lactation/ & Study Guide. I will post my recommendation here.....Do, by all
means, use the book and study guide! I signed and paid to sit for the exam
(1996) and then realized I had no time to attend any of the available
seminars and work study groups. I read the book cover to cover and used the
study guide as time allowed in a 4 month time frame. Debi Bocar was also
helpful with her class information. I work full time in a small hospital OB
dept and found experience counted for a lot too.

My scores were NOT in the 90th percentile, however, I DID pass and am SO
VERY PROUD to be an IBCLC. I learn more each and every day from mothers and
babies and a wealth of information comes from all on LACTNET.

Good luck, Marilyn!!!!
Regards,
Lynne Stiles, RNC, IBCLC
from NW Arkansas where we hope to send our "Letter of Intent to Become Baby
Friendly" within the next week.