Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2009 09:28:44 -0500
Oh this just keeps getting better! PBM Products makes all of the store
brand formula and is suing Abbott for telling Target that PBM formula
is inferior. The FTC does not yet have a new head who will be appointed
soon by President Obama. If this new person is dedicated to really
enforcing the law we may have a chance at getting the FTC to look at
the formula marketing issue.

Liz said it so nicely regarding writing to the Federal Trade
Commission. Just tell them your story. Let them know how mothers are
being deceived. What we need are MANY letters to show the extent of the
problem. Don't worry about studies, just be yourself. I do not know of
anyone on Lactnet who is shy about speaking up! Please consider
registering a complaint every time a mother tells you how formula and
human milk are equivalent or each time you see an ad claiming how
formula is a wonder food.

Marsha Walker, RN, IBCLC
NABA
Weston, MA

Abbott Lied About Rival's Infant Formula: Suit
Law360, New York (February 26, 2009) -- PBM Products LLC, a maker of
infant formula, has sued Abbott Laboratories for allegedly violating
the Lanham Act and attempting to reduce competition in the infant
formula market by telling Target Corp. that PBM's product is inferior.

In a complaint filed Wednesday in the U.S. District Court for the
Western District of Virginia, PBM claims Abbott represented to Target
that PBM's immune support infant formula product is...