From:
"Krainz, Mary A" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 07:53:13 -0500
I have seen moms who were on MGSO4 not to have full milk production for 7-10
days. If the MGSO4 was given for preterm labor then it doesn't seem to
inhibit the milk production. But if the MGSO4 was given for preclampsia then
it does. SO is it the MGSO4 that "dries" us out or the elevated BPs that
constrict the blood vessels and flow to the tissues? What have others found?
Mary Ann Krainz RN, IBCLC