Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 10:26:34 -0500
Pat wrote:
> Isn't it interesting that grown-ups can pass gas/wind and nobody makes a
> big deal out of it, but if a baby passes gas/wind it's a medical
emergency?

I tell parents that babies are suposed to pass gas.  I also mention that
they [the parents] also pass gas many times a day - but they are "polite"
about it - babies just don't have manners yet.

(It's amazing then, how many moms say dad isn't polite about it either!)

Gail
Gail S. Hertz, MD, IBCLC
Resident,  Dept. of Pediatrics
PSGHS Children's Hospital