From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 2008 12:11:28 +1000
Hi Shaughn,
I agree with what Winnie said...it's a case of balancing the risks. In the
case you describe it might be entirely appropriate to validate the mother's
views of infant formula and then provide information on what the risks are
of not using formula in this situation. It's very similar to the sort of
situation of balancing risks of the use of medications in breastfeeding
women.
Karleen Gribble
Australia