Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 2008 11:20:51 -0400
Content-Type:
TEXT/plain
Parts/Attachments:
TEXT/plain (33 lines)
Hi everyone, 

Just a quick question - I have a mom that is at the end of her pregnancy, has MS and is not taking any meds right now. She is feeling very well with her pregnancy.  Her OB has told her that after delivery she has to go back on Avonex, an interferon and IVIG.

I have her permission to post here is her email :

<<<The meds I would be going on are Avonnex, an interferon and IVIG  which is an immunoglobulin   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intravenous_immunoglobulin.  My neurologist also recommended a round of cortiosteroids but I'm refusing them unless I get a flare up as they make me really ill.  My other treatments also make me feel badly that's why it's going to be hard to go back on them after I give birth...which definitely wont help in my ability to be a new mom. 

Anyway, as you know I'm very concerned with giving the baby the best nutrition I possibly can from the beginning and my obgyn insisting that I not  breastfeed is making me very concerned.  I mean I'm also concerned with my own well being but I figure if i have enough help I'll be able to do it at least for a little while.   So far both of my neurologist and all of my obgyn have advised against breastfeeding-for various reasons. >>>

If anyone has had any experience I would appreciate the help - I have checked out Hale's book and it is an L3.  But I wanted to give this mom as much info I could find.

Thanks Donna :)
Happy Easter 

Donna B. Kimick, IBCLC, RLC
President of LILCA
Lakeshore Lactation 
516-799-7911
www.LILCA.ORG

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2