From:
g raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2009 08:59:02 -0800
I have two tongue tie babies (out of three ) and i have to say that i never had sore nipples with my little boy BUT to be fair i was absolutely crazy obsessed with pulling his chin down/curling his lip out in those first few days.. i also have very soft thin nipples and soft breasts which may have also aided it/// BUT feeding a tt baby constantly, 24 hrs a day damn near killed me in those first 6-7 months.. i had about a million cases of mastitis and was *always* nursing a plugged duct... and i consider myself a pretty tough cookie... and very go with the flow... i think my third daughter was also tt but i didn't discover it til a couple months ago (she's 2yrs+)... because her tongue is has very normal movement on first glance but as she's gotten older i notice assymetry and abnormal movements...and i noticed just recently that when she sticks it out it it has the indentation at the tip.... however, her nursing was very very difficult to cope with ... as
 she wanted to nurse ALL the time.. could never ever be put down, and was never ever ever satisfied and those first 5 months was like driving through a snow storm... i had again, millions of cases of mastitis with her...

so no cracked and bleeding nipples, no milk supply problems.. both my children were slow gainers but thrived nonetheless...

but if i could do it all over again, would i get the snip... you're darn right i would... nursing them was wonderful and they were blessed little babies but  did it *have* to be that hard.... ?

and in light of brian palmers research (as mentioned before) i do think that speaking to mom months/years down the road, we may get a different pic of babies who *thrive* regardless of tt//// am i one of the mothers that one cites as "no observable problems with nursing  TT baby?"