From:
Susan Majoris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 09:48:49 -0400
Have we affirmed ourselves enough yet? I am very interested in remarks by
those challenging traditional classes. What could we do differently to
provide information and facilitate empowerment in women, families? You know
we all get comfortable with doing things the same way... It takes time to
look at what we are doing and stay updated and care enough about people to
always move with the times. What is it that families in 2001 need. What do
they want to know? How do they want birth to be?
Maybe needs assessments (there's that word!) before classes begin would
help. Lots more bringing people into class that have had a fulfilling birth
experience? More hands on..maybe more disciplines, massage therapists,
hypno. people. Pregnancy - Birth - Breastfeeding. If classes are going to
continue and be an integral part of this life experience - how do we
provide what people will use forever.... Does someone who is truly
motivated have a lesser experience in class because of the few who really
don't care?  Just throwing these questions out - to reroute the discussion
a bit.
 Sue - Indiana,PA. - pilotting the Mother Friendly Childbirth Initiative.
Why don't you?