From:
Henya KnitMammy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2008 12:59:38 -0500
Hello , my good
 Friend has a beautiful 6-year old who is brain-dead. She was born in the
hospital , routine , totally unmediated birth, when the baby was born she
did not cry , the doctor and nurses panicked , there was a lot of
medications administered . Later they could not tell if the outcome resulted
from the initial problem , or the treatment. They could not even remember
all that was done , but admitted to giving her an overdose of SEVERAL very
strong medications , they were given at the same time.
On the other hand my next door neighbor has a son ( now 22 ) , who is
severely brain damaged , when she was ready to push her Doctor was having
lunch and refused to be interrupted. The Nurse held her legs together for
over a half of hour. The baby had severe oxygen deprivation and was "saved"
by the heroic Doctor. The Mother still thinks the Doctor was wonderful , it
was just Her poor timing.
I had my 6th baby 3 weeks ago. While I was waiting for my midwife in the
triage room a Doctor on duty was passing by , he saw my belly in the gap of
the curtains and started yelling , that I need an immediate C-section ,
while it is slow , because my baby is too big and i will not be able to push
it out. Not only was he NOT my midwife's back up , he did not even see the
whole me , just my middle. I am a big women , over 200 lb. My midwife had to
do a sonogram to get him off our back , and to prove that the baby was
birthable. My beautiful daughter was born in one push , weighing 8lb , the
baby # 5 was born weighing 10lb. No problem pushing out nether of them. It
was scary to me how this Doctor could affect my birth outcome if me or my
midwife were less assertive. This Doctor is "famous" for 38 week inductions
, followed by C-section .
  I believe none of this could have happened during a homebirth.
Henya Kazatchkov